Re: [nv-l] availability data

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] availability data
From: George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:19:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:00:04 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Christopher,

In a word, to NetView itself, none.

If you need Framework later, it can be installed there later. If that precipitates a shared library issue, that is easily fixed. But in this scenario, Framework will not know about NetView. If you decide to subsequently install a Framework based product that will "integrate" or depend on NetView, success will depend on manually building some Framework files and updating the database to meet prerequisites. In this case you will likely need Support's help. A subsequent NetView upgrade would require you to use Framework.

I need to point out that nobody has tested the scenario of installing Framework after NetView. It's all theory at this point as to how to accomplish it, and how it would meet the requirements of a subsequent upgrade.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660 CC102
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

919-254-2259 (T/L 444) Fax: 919-543-7936 (T/L 441)

E-Mail: desocio@us.ibm.com

Expand your IBM Tivoli product knowledge by participating in Support Technical Exchange:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/supp_tech_exch.html
Inactive hide details for "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>

          "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com