[nv-l] nvmaputil / Web Device Mgmt

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] nvmaputil / Web Device Mgmt
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:56:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:03:01 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1

Couple of questions:

  1. Nvmaputil.sh will fail if map is not up in R/W mode, even with netviewd running. I was told it would work if netviewd was running. I have tried netviewd in both ro and rw mode.

  1. I posted this before but got no response. Does anyone know what Web Device Mgmt option under Tools is for? I find no doc on this feature. Issue is this: We have several devices that can be configured via web browser; it's basically a SNMP SET operation. I have all the MIBs loaded and can do individual SETs on individual devices via the MIB Browser. I was hoping there was a way to invoke an app from Netview (web console) that can display this type of devices and do collective SETs on them.

Thanks.

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi