[nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:36:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:52:48 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

My Dilemna,

We are running switch analyzer on the netview (AIX).  We wanted to have the topology going into a oracle database so that we could perform some reporting against the database.  Once I did the ovtopoconv -R -v and it converted all the data over to the database, if I do a ovtopodump -l it shows only the networks and segments.  It lists Nodes as 0 and interfaces as 0.
The dilemna is switch analyzer is totally dependant on the ovtopodump for figuring out which devices are Layer 2.  Has anyone tried this and or know if this is just a design or not>  Already ahve a PMR opened with IBM on it.   Just curious to know if anyone has ever tried this.

Chris Petrina