Re: [nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:42:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:08:42 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I have changed my ovtopmd back to using the flat files.   My assumption I guess was you could use one or the other but not both, in regards tot he flat files or Database.  What I would like to do is do some period dumps of information mainly SNMPMIB gathering on devices such as syslocation sysdesc, sysOID and things like that on all devices in Netview.  There is a way I take it to use both flat files and database.  I set the config of relational database for use with the snmpcollect information.
  To see if I have this right,  I can use the flat files for the ovtopmd stuff, but at the same time I can use the Oracle database to store my snmpcollect information?  Am I correct

Thanks
Chris Petrina

Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com