Re: [nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Switch analyzer and Oracle DB
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:31:47 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:42:26 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I did tell ovtopmd to use the relational database.  Cause I want all my data to go to the oracle database.  Support says that there is an E-FIX for DB2 with regards to this and is checking to see whether or not there is an oracle fix as well.   I guess my question back is why would I NOT want to change where ovtopmd sends its information.  I guess I can see that not agreat deal of useful information would be held int he database with regards to topology. ie basically the only thing in the database for toppo would be node and node location within the map.
would that be a correct assumption.

-Chris

Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com