[nv-l] incorrect symbol type

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] incorrect symbol type
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:56:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:05:18 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Q1:   I have 10 Cisco Routers all almost identical to one another I have them placed in the seed file these are new devices,   when I start netmon with the seedfile (-s)  it finds all the Cisco devices, HOWEVER it only marks about half of them with the proper symbol.   Even though when I look at them in the objects database they all show the same attributes as far as connector =TRUE Router = TRUE ,etc.   is there a reason it is only placing the symbol and about half of them?   Or is this more of a PMR thing.  One little note (which I hate to put here) is that  these are EVPN routers.   They have an ACL that allows me to get to the loopback address of them, I have the Read Only Community string.  I can read all the information I want about them through the mib browser.

Chris Petrina