Re: [nv-l] incorrect symbol type

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] incorrect symbol type
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:09:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:16:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Chris,
What do you mean by proper symbol? Do you mean the generic
router symbol, or some Cisco symbol?

Paul

Christopher J Petrina wrote:

Q1: I have 10 Cisco Routers all almost identical to one another I have them placed in the seed file these are new devices, when I start netmon with the seedfile (-s) it finds all the Cisco devices, HOWEVER it only marks about half of them with the proper symbol. Even though when I look at them in the objects database they all show the same attributes as far as connector =TRUE Router = TRUE ,etc. is there a reason it is only placing the symbol and about half of them? Or is this more of a PMR thing. One little note (which I hate to put here) is that these are EVPN routers. They have an ACL that allows me to get to the loopback address of them, I have the Read Only Community string. I can read all the information I want about them through the mib browser.

Chris Petrina