Re: [nv-l] netview client

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview client
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:36:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:00:03 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

If you have questions about what SAN manager requires, why aren't you talking to them?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/18/2004 09:26 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] netview client

when is a matter of share the message is different. (it even contains what name that network drive should have ... so now it's something else. I need native clients because I still want to try to install SAN manager console over such a Netview client. In the manual they don't say what Netview you should use for SAN manager console: standalone or client, so I want to have both networks in the client console: ip and san, and that's because web console has a very limited san functionality.

thanks a lot

Lucian Vanghele

I don't normally work with the native client, but it sounds to me as though the client cannot no longer connect to the NetView share on the server.
Did you reboot or something and lose the fact that the server must share the drive NetView is on?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/18/2004 04:41 AM

Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] netview client

hi again!

windows netview client 7.1.3 gives me an error: "The netview console cannot
connect to the netview server. exiting the console". it used to work but
now I receive this message and I don't know where to look for other
informations.
please help
thanks
Lucian