RE: [nv-l] Routers vs. Switches

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Routers vs. Switches
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:59:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:09:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

How would NV then be able to differentiate between an actual router and a switch that happens to have a primary and secondary interface.  Since Switches generally only have one IP address (in our case two for redundancy) it will always consider these to be routers then I take it?

-Chris Petrina

"Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/22/2004 02:42 PM