Re: [nv-l] Location.conf

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Location.conf
From: Hendrik Zahn <hendrik.zahn@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:08:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:18:20 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Chris,
please have a look into Tivoli NetView ReleaseNotes V7.1 at pages 17 and 18
"Location Sensitive Topology" - "Auto-Placement of Routers".
I think you will find the answer there (I don't want to copy it into this
Mail) .

Regards,
Hendrik

                      "Christopher J

                      Petrina"                 To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                      <cjp8@meadwestvac        cc:

                      o.com>                   Subject:  [nv-l] Location.conf

                      Sent by:

                      owner-nv-l@lists.

                      us.ibm.com

                      23.03.04 22:55

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

What would happen if I only placed subnets in the proper location
containers?   I did not add any gateway entries into the seedfile.   Would
netview place the routers to the closest point of the subnet?

Chris Petrina