Re: [nv-l] location.conf

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] location.conf
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:07:52 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:17:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

There is a problem with the File..New Map excercise in 7.1.4 regardless of size of the location.conf. It is APAR IY48698 and an efix is available from support.

Detroit

Milton.W.Bridges@kp.org
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/12/2004 11:15 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] location.conf

Hello All:

I have been reading up on documentation regarding the location.conf file, and have seen information regarding the 1000 line limit being fixed with NetView 7.1.4.

I am running NetView 7.1.4 (Solaris), and have a lengthy location.conf file (1032 lines and growing).

Question:  Is there some sort of limit, because I can't get my location.conf file read in with the standard File->New Map scenario.  I see no errors in the /usr/OV/log/location.log file.

Thanks

-Milt

Milton W. Bridges III
Network Automation Systems Programmer
Kaiser Permanente IT National Operations
Enterprise Automation Services, Design and Engineering
(909)739-5339
8-395-5339