RE: [nv-l] netviewd

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] netviewd
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:48:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:55:22 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The reason I am looking for this, is that our NV box has no graphics card and no monitor (UNIX).   Anything I need to do as the administrator of unix I have to open a X window session into the box.  I am not too concerned with the web console users being able to manage/unmanage because we have taken away that right from them.  Unmanaged got to be too messy and was not properly implemented.
   My issue is that everytime I start the xwindow client and issue a netview -dconsole it interupts the web console users and they have to re open the map.  Same thing happens when I close the GUI it will interput their web console useage until the netviewd starts running again.
    Other then building a second map for only the Web console users to view I was curious if there was another way?

Thanks

Chris Petrina

"Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com