RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 questions

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 questions
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:17:42 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:24:21 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The finddialog.conf is for Netview on Windows. It is used to add additional fields to the list of fields that the Smartset dialog offers.  Assuming Alejandro is using Netview for Windows, use the Windows Find function to locate it. I can't remember where it is.

Just to pull all of these clues together, here's what you must do:
1) define the field. Do this by adding a file of your own (My.fields) in /usr/OV/fields/C. See examples in the other fields files for more information. After changing fields, run the command ovw_fields. Hint: string types are easier to deal with than boolean.
2) populate the fields. You can, as Scott suggests, use nvdbimport.
3) Define a smartset based on the value of that field. To do this, the field must be added to the finddialog.conf file. Add it at the bottom with the 'Other' stuff. What the value is may surprise you: TRUE vs True, for instance.

Detroit

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/01/2004 12:35 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 questions

Yes, I didn't remember the whole process although I know we did it in the NetView adminstrators class.