RE: [nv-l]

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l]
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:34 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:52:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I would guess that any ATM or Frame Relay, ISDN, or BVR circuit interface could create an unnumbered interface. However, I would also say that most router IOS will allow an address to be placed on the interface (if you don't route to it, doesn't matter if it has an address or not). In Cisco-land, ATM interfaces are unnumbered but the PVCs associated with it must have addresses.