Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:09:46 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi James,
First, using "Save Environment" is of no value whatsoever, unless your Nvevents file also has loadEnvOnInit set to TRUE.
Is that the case? Is that setting in effect? In the apps_default file or in your $HOME copy?

A1: All settings are as mentioned above

Second, what does "with or without Topology" mean? Are you running nvevents inside the Control Desk or outside?
A2: what I meant was in order to test if your saved workspace will be reloaded is to:
   A2.1 Close the event browser (Control Desk) without the closing the topology (i.e. from the Main event Browser Menu: File->Exit), then from the Main Netview Client Menu, select: Monitor->Events->Current Events.

  A2.2 Close the Netview Client (i.e from the Main Netview Client Menu: File->Exit) then restart the netview client by  typing "netview" on the command line.

And finally, are you saying that your event windows actually change content after you close one of them?

A3: Yes it doeswhen I restart the Event browser, the Workspace labeled "CISCO" that was originally created with a rulesets to only show Cisco Devices events will now display Nortel Devices Events that were suppose to be displayed in the "NORTEL" workspace.

The labels and the rulesets shown at the bottom actually change?

A4: That is true.

 But you are saying that you have four windows, all independent now, and when you close one of them, the others start acting weird. Can you reproduce this easily?

A5: What I meant was I have four Dynamic Workspace in the EVent Browser Window (One window).

$HOME/NvEnvironment/Workspaces file

Workspace Main
Label ""
Dimensions 0124 0413 0800 0480
Initial ControlDesk
Presentation LIST
FreezeResolution False
FilterButton False
RingBellButton False
FreezeButton False
ActiveFilters None
EndWorkspace

Workspace Dynamic
Label ""
Dimensions 0095 0088 0800 0633
Initial ControlDesk
Presentation LIST
FreezeResolution False
FilterButton False
RingBellButton False
FreezeButton False
Title "TOSHIBA_UPS"
IconLabel "NORTEL"
Correlation "/usr/OV/conf/rulesets/NORTEL.rs"
Rule
  Category 4294967295 4294967295
  Severity 4294967295
  Source 4294967295
  ActiveFilters None
  StringSet None
EndRule
EndWorkspace

Workspace Dynamic
Label ""
Dimensions 0095 0088 0556 0310
Initial ControlDesk
Presentation LIST
FreezeResolution False
FilterButton False
RingBellButton False
FreezeButton False
Title "CISCO"
IconLabel "CISCO"
Correlation "/usr/OV/conf/rulesets/CISCO.rs"
Rule
  Category 4294967295 4294967295
  Severity 4294967295
  Source 4294967295
  ActiveFilters None
  StringSet None
EndRule
EndWorkspace
EndEnvironment

          Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          05/25/04 04:44 PM
          Please respond to

netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Dynamic Workspace

Hi Folks,
I have created 4 Dynamic Workspace based on ruleset
I have checked the "save Environment" option
To my surprise after closing my event browser (with or without the Topology), I noticed the following:
- some workspace names are no longer thre and have been replaced by the word "events"
- Some times the workspace name does not reflect the ruleset (i.e CISCO workspace will now be displaying what NORTEL workspace was suppose to display and the "NORTEL" workspace is now called "events".

Q1: Any Idea?
Q2: Help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Meyos