Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 00:17:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 May 2004 05:33:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, I've never seen what you describe, assuming I understand it, so I have no idea what to tell you offhand, except to open a problem to Support if you cannot get a satisfactory answer here. You'll need to give them your $HOME/NvEnvironment/Workspaces file and as clear a re-create scenario as you can. I'm completely at a loss to understand what you are saying is happening here.

But let's get clear about a few things.
First, using "Save Environment" is of no value whatsoever, unless your Nvevents file also has loadEnvOnInit set to TRUE.
Is that the case? Is that setting in effect? In the apps_default file or in your $HOME copy?

Second, what does "with or without Topology" mean? Are you running nvevents inside the Control Desk or outside?

And finally, are you saying that your event windows actually change content after you close one of them? The labels and the rulesets shown at the bottom actually change? Or do you mean that when you restart events that this happens? Or is it that the rulesets stay the same but they don't work correctly anymore? I guess I simply don't understand what you could possibly mean by saying "after closing my event browser" the following behavior occurs. If you close the main event Window, then all the remaining windows should also close, assuming that they were created from the first one. At least that's what normally happens. But you are saying that you have four windows, all independent now, and when you close one of them, the others start acting weird. Can you reproduce this easily?

So confused it hurts,

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>

          Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          05/25/04 04:44 PM
          Please respond to

netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Dynamic Workspace

Hi Folks,
I have created 4 Dynamic Workspace based on ruleset
I have checked the "save Environment" option
To my surprise after closing my event browser (with or without the Topology), I noticed the following:
- some workspace names are no longer thre and have been replaced by the word "events"
- Some times the workspace name does not reflect the ruleset (i.e CISCO workspace will now be displaying what NORTEL workspace was suppose to display and the "NORTEL" workspace is now called "events".

Q1: Any Idea?
Q2: Help would be appreciated.

GIF image