Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:58:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:08:01 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Mike,
Can you run:

/usr/OV/bin/snmpwalk localhost

Mike wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, James Shanks wrote:

Discovery is netmon's job. Is netmon running? Any errors noted in the netmon.trace file? Are you sure that the snmp read community name for the box matches the default community name in xnmsnmpconf? Or do you have an override entry for the box? If the IP Internet is blue then that would mean we don't even know anything about the box that NetView is installed on.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx> Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
08/18/2004 12:46 PM
Please respond to

NetView <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
cc

Subject
[nv-l] discovery from linux?

I've installed NV on RH 7.2 and have used the Option->Manage for
the 'IP Internet' symbol, but the symbol stays blue and there seems
to be no auto-discovery happening. What's going on? Why is auto-
discovery not happening and how do I change/turn it on?

Mike

:(

Ok, what next. The command 'nvstat' shows netmon is running. I can
talk with the local and remote snmp daemons using

snmpwalk -v 1 localhost public system

It appears that discovery is still not working. Is there a trace
log for netmon?

Mike