Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?
From: Dietmar Gaulhofer <DIETMAR_GAULHOFER@at.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:31:13 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:42:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
ideas ....

ovstop
(check /etc/hosts that you have your ip - hostname (.domain) there)
(check /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf - add the .pass statement - look readmeupd.pdf,
and community stuff with security)
snmpwalk "hostname-interface"
snmpwalk 127.0.0.1
disable/remove DNS (if you have a "bad" dns this is a problem for discovery
....)
snmpwalk "default gw" system
put your default GW  IP in the seedfile
serversetup -> change option in netmon - > use seedfile -> discover
backbone
ovstart

             Mike
             <mikee@mikee.ath.
             cx>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] discovery from linux?
             19.08.2004 15:05

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Paul wrote:

> Clear the database(nv6000_smit clear_topology_db) and then
> restart the daemons and see if your discovery is any different
> now.

Starting netview this morning I was seeing lots of nodes. Then
I moved a previous location.conf in place, cleared the topology
database, restarted the daemons, and now it's not discovering
again. nvstat shows all daemons running.

Mike