[nv-l] Web Console Menu

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Web Console Menu
From: alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:10:37 -0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:12:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi All:
I am trying to add a custom menu to the WebConsole.
I am following the guidelines and the examples found in the contributed code
area of the Netview Web Site.

In the "readme.eui.xml" we find :
"The "Menu" files need to go in
/usr/OV/www/webapps/netview/warf/Templates/WebConsole
There can only be one PopupMenu file - it goes in
   /usr/OV/www/webapps/netview/warf/Templates/SubmapExplorer
The "Actions" files go in /usr/OV/www/webapps/netview/warf"

Where I am confused is that if I do a find . -name MyActions.xml I found
several ones located at /user/WebConsole, /Administrator/WebConsole,
/Operator/WebConsole" all starting from the "/usr/OV/www/webapps/netview/warf"

How is it possible? Where should we place the MyActions.xml?

I do not know why I do see the new menu in the roles area of the Webconsole
security but not in the WebConsole itself.

NV 7.1.4 FP 2 Solaris 8.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Operations Supervisor, Argentina, Uruguay & Paraguay.
Reuters Ltd

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.