[nv-l] Manually Loading events into a Dynamic Workspace

To: netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Manually Loading events into a Dynamic Workspace
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:49:01 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:49:48 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
HI Folks,
NV 7.1.3 FP3 SOLARIS No RFI enabled.

I have created a Ruleset for a Dynamic Workspace
called "CISCO_DOWNS" to display Cisco Devices Events
to:
1- When a Cisco Device  goes Down, the Workspace
Displays the "Node Down" Event

2- When the corresponding "Node UP" comes, the Node
Down Event disappear from the workspace.

3- I have created a smartset for all Cisco Devices
called: "CiscoDevices".

4- When I close the Netview Client and Restart it, all
previous events displayed on that "CISCO_DOWNS"
dynamic workspace disappear.

Q1:Is there a way(script, NV command, etc) that I can
populate a Dynamic Workspace upon NV Client startup
with:
 - Events coming from the database (if I need to save
events in NV DB)?
 - Events manually generated from the Node status
obtained from a smartset or any other NV component?
 - Events generated from any other source that I
forgot to mention?
So that my "CISCO_DOWNS" Dynamic Workspace displays
all
 Cisco Devices that are Down when I start the NV
Client.

Q2: Any suggestions?

Thank You,
Meyos