Re: [nv-l] EventForwarding to TEC - cut Domain from Hostname

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] EventForwarding to TEC - cut Domain from Hostname
From: "Martina Haseneder" <martina.haseneder@datev.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:48:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:49:17 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Larry,

thanks for reply.

Our TEC-Administrator has a rule like:

(
                /* find the first '.' in the hostname */
                atompart(_hostname,'.',_pos,_),
                /* we want all up to the dot, but not the dot itself */
                _cut is _pos - 1,
                /*  get the prefix */
                atompart(_hostname,_new_hostname,1,_cut),
                /*  set the slot hostname */
                bo_set_slotval(_event,'hostname',_new_hostname)
                /*  re_mark_as_modified is not needed in reception actions
*/
        )

But unfortunately this is not useful if the hostname is a IP-Adress.
Maybe you know how to complete the rule?