[nv-l] : Adding nvmaputil.sh, seed editor, /etc/hosts to web menu and GU

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] : Adding nvmaputil.sh, seed editor, /etc/hosts to web menu and GUI menu
From: don.turrentine@amsouth.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:05:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:05:54 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I am trying to appease the powers to be and come up with a way to handle
the day to day tasks of managing NetView without being the root user.  I am
using Framework so I plan on allowing users to start the Native GUI via the
Framework.  This actually handles everything except editing the /etc/hosts
file, no DNS.  Has anyone added a menu item that uses dtpad or something
like that to edit /etc/hosts?  The folks that would be using this are not
"vi" literate.

I also need to add the fuctionality of editing the netmon.seed (and
refreshing netmon) and /etc/hosts file to the Web Console.

One last thing, has anyone added the functionality of nvmaputil.sh to the
Web Console to allow operators to delete objects?  Scary thought for some
but I hope to control this through the scopes.

NV 7.1.4 fp02 on AIX 4.3.3

I am going through the Programmer's Guide and other docs/samples right now.
Just thought I would check out there before I reinvented the wheel.

Thanks,

Don
---
Don Turrentine