RE: [nv-l] ? about monitoring event logs on Windows 200x

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ? about monitoring event logs on Windows 200x
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:15:23 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:15:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks for everyone's responses.  So far, the evntwin.exe has fit the
bill perfectly.  It can turn almost any event log entry into an snmp
trap (which can be manipulated thru event customization or rulesets)
and, so far, has provided very fast notification - at least as reliable
as testing can be.

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
glen.warn@pemcocorp.com
206-628-5770