Re: [nv-l] Internal NetView UP trap reporting wrong hostname

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Internal NetView UP trap reporting wrong hostname
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:05:48 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:07:26 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Drew,
Do you use NIS? Might be another place to check.....check your netsvc.conf
to see what order you are using for lookups.

Paul

Paul wrote:

NetView is most dependant on the reverse lookups as we only
get the IP address with the network packets.

Paul

Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage) wrote:

Think this might be something--not getting reverse lookup--although I
figured it would use hosts if it did not get a name in return.