RE: [nv-l] Internal NetView UP trap reporting wrong hostname

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Internal NetView UP trap reporting wrong hostname
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:12:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:12:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks for the kind words, but you might have received better help from
NetView Level 2.  I wrongly assumed that you had already switched, when you
told me you other snmpwalk worked.  Checking that you have switched to SNMP
v1 is something the Level 2 Support guys always check for and fairly
quickly too.    They just have so many other customers to assist that they
cannot get back to everyone as quickly as they'd like.   Some days they can
be spread pretty thin.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group