Re: [nv-l] SnmpCollect data

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SnmpCollect data
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:38:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:39:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Do you have to specify a community name when you use the browser?   If so,
then update the entry for that device in SNMP Options.   Use serversetup to
turn on verbose tracing for snmpcollect, and then look  in the
snmpCol.trace in \usr\ov\log for errors or problem messages.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Rumsey, Robert"
             <Robert.Rumsey@ac
             tewagl.com.au>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] SnmpCollect data
             08/25/2005 08:59
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hello there!

I'm running Netview V7.1.4 on Windows Server2003;
Using MIB Browser I can get interface info such as IfInOctects, etc and
also graph it.
But when the same object and instance is defined as a collection in the MIB
Data Collector, the data returned is all zeros.
This only occurs for some instances.
I have collections running on other instances for the same node (Cisco
6509).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BobR

 *PLEASE NOTE* This email and any attachments may
 be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
 copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
 dissemination of this email or its attachments is
 prohibited without the consent of the sender.

 WARNING RE VIRUSES: Our computer systems sweep
 outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
 is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
 Before opening or using attachments, please check for
 viruses. Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
 affected attachments.

 individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
 and with authority, states them to be the views of the
 organisation.