Re: [nv-l] SnmpCollect data

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SnmpCollect data
From: "Laurie Gellatly" <laurie.gellatly@netic.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:28:44 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:30:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Are you looking at counters?
If so, then I think you'll find that the mib browser shows you the
actual numbers while snmpCollect shows you
the rates. If the counter does not change between one collection and the
next then the rate is 0.

...Laurie :{)

> Hello there!
>
> I'm running Netview V7.1.4 on Windows Server2003;
> Using MIB Browser I can get interface info such as IfInOctects, etc
and also graph it.
> But when the same object and instance is defined as a collection in
the MIB Data Collector, the data returned is all zeros.