RE: [nv-l] % cpu utilization

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] % cpu utilization
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:01:21 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:02:17 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Am sure the answer here is yes, but I have to ask - can you do a simple demand poll or snmp query?  I have had one problem where I had a $ in my comm string and it only worked with certain queries.  You might try a temp comm string for testing too?  Lastly, have you setup the appropriate snmp parameters on the PIX?  See sample below - be sure your nearest interface to the Netview is specified.  If you have access to the pix, I believe there is a debug SNMP command, if not you could do a debug packet on the interface in question with Netview as the src and your pix interface as the dst.

snmp-server host INTERFACE_NAME ip_addr
snmp-server location XXXXXX
snmp-server contact YYYYYY
snmp-server community ZZZZZZZ
snmp-server enable traps

Hope this helps,

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770