Re: [nv-l] HP Printer Traps error

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] HP Printer Traps error
From: John M Gatrell <John.Gatrell@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:15:02 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:15:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You need to run the addtrap command with suitable parameters.

The infomation comes either from running mib2trap on the HP MIB and capturing the output
in a script file. You can ignore errors from the rest of the mib as long as something appears in the script file.

Or manually from looking in trapd.log.
In particular you need the 'Enterprise' number and the 'Specific' trap number.

I seem to remember running mib2trap on a Unix version of Netview,
and taking the script across to the windows version, renaming it as a '.bat'

It should also be possible to do the same through the graphical interface.

John Gatrell