Re: [nv-l] web console & background images ???

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] web console & background images ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds@helices.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:58:04 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:58:42 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
* James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> [2005:11:16:10:57:29-0500] scribed:
> The current web console does not support background maps.  That's a known
> limitation which many users have asked be rectified in a future release.

OK.

So, how do you Netview users in a large environment publish views to
your NOC?  The geographic map metaphor is a common request from NOC
personnel; and it is a common sight in NOCs throughout the world, as
witnessed in my travels.

This message is _not_ intended as knocking the product; rather, I am
interested in how actual users work around this issue ...

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds