Re: [nv-l] trapd -s (size parameter)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] trapd -s (size parameter)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:47:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:47:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Why not use the -l parameter to specify your other log file directly and
forget the pipe?
I believe that when you do that all the log management is left up to you,
though I haven't been in the code for some time, so I am not completely
certain about that.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             jeff.ctr.vandenbu
             ssche@faa.gov
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/20/2006 02:58          [nv-l] trapd -s (size parameter)
             PM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Doesn't anyone know of a way to NOT set a limit to the size of trapd.log.
I currently have a trapd.log set up as a pipe to another log file.  Since
this pipe daemon already has a built in rollover capability, I do not need
this capability for trapd.  I am running into problems when trapd attempts
to rollover.  I know I can probably set trapd.log to a very large value (
is there a max size for trapd.log), but is there a parameter that tells
trapd to limit the size of trapd.log and then not rollover.

Thanks,
Jeff