RE: [NV-L] Change of IP address

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Change of IP address
From: "Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:37:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:40:03 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Changing the IP address of a Tivoli Framework node is covered in the
Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide GC32-0807.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=769&context=SSXLSW&dc=DA410&;
uid=pub1gc32080701&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

If it's a simple managed node:
        1. Log in to the Tivoli server as a user for which your Tivoli
administrator has the super or senior role.
        2. Ensure that your system environment is set correctly.
        3. To change the recorded IP address for a  managed node, enter
the following command:
                odadmin odlist change_ip <dispatcher_id> nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn

        4. To start the object dispatcher on the managed node, enter the
following command:
                odadmin start <dispatcher_id>

If your changing a TMR Server it's a bit more complicated; see the book.

Changing a hostname is very difficult.

Bill Evans