Re: [NV-L] Interface Down

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Interface Down
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:38:20 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:36:27 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
You'll only get another interface down if it goes up first and then down
again.  netmon does not send duplicates

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] Interface Down
             12/05/2007 10:26
             AM

             Please respond to
             larrytechie@yahoo
               .com; Please
                respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Hi,
I'm trying to resolve an issue with my Ops Team.
We have NetView 7.1.3. One of the server went down and Interface down alert
was generated and was sent to operations about three days back. Operations
closed the ticket without resolving. We have bi-directional event flow from
TEC to remedy.
My question is, If the event was closed back in TEC, should'nt NetView
generate one more interface down alert? or will NetView send down only once
and will NOT send Interface down once more for the same Interface?
Please help me.
Thanks,
Bill.

NV-L mailing list