[NV-L] Web Console Performance Issue

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] Web Console Performance Issue
From: Andres Rodriguez <arodriguez@kruger.com.ec>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:15:14 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:16:05 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

I'm having performance issues with Netview Web Console. My server is a
Windows 2003 Server. The problem is that when I try to do certain simple
actions, like display object properties for instance, I don't receive a
response from my server. In fact after that I have to restart the webserver
daemon for the Web Console to work properly again. When this happens I
check the server's performance tab and it reports that almost the 100% of
CPU is being used and there's a high utilization of memory by the java
processes. Does someone have some tuning recomendations for this matter or
know what is the problem?

Any suggestions will be well received. Right now I'm thinking to migrate my
Netview server to Linux.

Saludos / Regards / Um abraço
Andrés Rodríguez Flores
Kruger Corporation
"Conocimiento y Tecnología al Servicio de su Negocio"
Quito - Ecuador