Re: [NV-L] Information When Applying FP02 to NV 7.1.5--Web Console Updat

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Information When Applying FP02 to NV 7.1.5--Web Console Updater Errors
From: Andres Rodriguez <arodriguez@kruger.com.ec>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:34:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:33:02 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Greetings!!... I'm working with NV 7.1.5 FP02 .... I am having a problem when updating the web console. The Web Console Updater launches when I start the web console. It does the process of downloading the updated files and reports no errors... but when the web console restarts the web console updater appears again. Does anybody have to deal with this before?? Drew , it's the same problem you were experiencing??

Saludos / Regards / Um abraço
Andrés Rodríguez Flores
Kruger Corporation
"Conocimiento y Tecnología al Servicio de su Negocio"

"Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
01/07/2008 10:21 AMPlease respond toTivoli NetView Discussions

 To   "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
 cc
 bcc
 Subject   [NV-L] Information When Applying FP02 to NV 7.1.5--Web ConsoleUpdater Errors

Folks,

This may not affect anyone else, but I felt compelled to post after this experience applying FP02. Your Web Console users may get an Update Installer error message indicating they can't access the necessary files required to update their consoles. I Googled the error and found this link from when this was discovered with FP01:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=658&context=SSGMPW&dc=DB550&uid=swg1IZ04210&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct658tivoli

Note it says this issue was to be fixed in FP02.. Editing /etc/netnmrc as indicated and recycling the daemons did solve the problem. Hope this helps others!

--Drew

Drew Van Order
Information Technology Services
Deloitte Services LP
Tel: +1 615 882 7836
www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]