Re: [NV-L] Information When Applying FP02 to NV 7.1.5--Web Console Updat

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Information When Applying FP02 to NV 7.1.5--Web Console Updater Errors
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:07:09 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:07:36 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I have just upgraded to fixpack 2 on my SuSe 9 system and found that the
DISPLAY variable was NOT set in /etc/init.d/netnmrc .  Folowing the link
supplied by Drew gives the fix, except the article says that this will
be included in Fixpack 2.  I simply put the DISPLAY line at the top of
the netnmrc file.  Here's that link again:

_http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=658&context=SSGMPW&dc=DB550&uid=swg1IZ04210&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct658tivoli_
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=658&context=SSGMPW&dc=DB550&uid=swg1IZ04210&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct658tivoli>

I also found that it insisted I applied Fixpack 1 to the Web Console
before applying Fixpack2.

As James says, it writes to logfile in <NetView drive>:\temp so if your
console isn't installed on C: then you need to fix that too.  The error
code I was getting in the java window behind the web console was "bad
HTTP response code 503" - in case that helps anyone.

Cheers,
Jane

James Shanks wrote:
> My web console expert says that the most likely cause for your issue is
> that the updater did not install the FixPack successfully the first time.
> You can go to tools->web console updater to see if the FixPack really is
> installed successfully.
>
> If not then it is likely that your web console is installed on some drive
> other than C:
>
> The automatic updater for the web console won't work if the web console is
> installed on a drive other than the C: drive.  If it is, then you have to
> install the  web console test fix using manual steps. You will need to
> create
> [netviewdrive]:/temp
>  then set TMP=netviewdrive:/temp
> and then run the web console from command line where you set TMP.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> James Shanks
> Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
> Network Availability Management
> Network Management - Development
> Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

> internal IBM'ers only)

Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK.
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 3458854.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2008 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.