Re: tme10 TEC NetView V4 integration with nvserverd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tme10 TEC NetView V4 integration with nvserverd
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:44:24 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jane -

What is the the conf file for the old adapter that is not in tecint.conf
for nvserverd?
The tecint.conf that is built is for the deafults that you use with a UNIX
TEC implmentation and more usually has to be added to it by edit for NT.
If nvserverd cannot connect to the TEC you specify, he will probably spend
all of his time trying to do that, and never get around to getting the
events in your window.

I have been told that adding these two entries to the tecint.conf for
nvserverd will solve your problem:
 ServerPort=5529
 ConnectionMode=connection_oriented

But this assumes that you TEC is also using these.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK> on 11/19/98 06:20:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>