Community Strings

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Community Strings
From: Drew Van Order <dvanorder@DTTUS.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:25:52 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
     Hi All,

     We have had an emergency change requiring SNMP community strings on
     the routers be changed. Some will be rebooted immediately, others may
     still use the existing community string for weeks. At the same time,
     our NetView expert is unavailable to help...the question is this:

     Can we edit a configuration text file and add multiple community
     strings so that systems with the old and new values will be
     browseable? If so, where is this file, and do we need to recycle any
     NV daemons as a result?

     We are running 5.1 under AIX.

     Thanks in advance

     DVO