Re: Transcend 5.0 for AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Transcend 5.0 for AIX
From: Gaurav Nangia <Gaurav.Nangia@CHASE.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:38:42 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Standard SNMP runs on port 161 and 162.  If one application, in this case
Transcend, uses this port first, NetView's daemons such as trapd will not
start or may have problems.  To get around, you have a few choices - (a)
change the listening port for either Transcend or NetView. (b) Install
Transcend and NetView on separate systems.  For the first one, you may call
tech support to walk you through it because I know we discussed this in
class.

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <a.menezes@ASLK-CGER.BE> on 03/03/99 04:28:30 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>