NV & CW2000 sizing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV & CW2000 sizing
From: Neil Harvey <nharvey@ISL4.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:10:18 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

I am looking for a bit of advice or feedback regarding installing
CiscoWorks2000. At the moment the platform is an E20 (256MB memory)
running NV5.1 and CiscoWorks 4.0, it was orginally sized for NV4.1 with
CW4.0 (a few years ago). CW2000 is required to provide the CWSI for
their new switches and hence essentials resource manager (ERM) will have
to be installed (I believe it is a pre-req for CWSI?). They are quite
happy to migrate/remove CW4.0 and replace it with ERM.

I have installed CW2000 on a solaris platform running HPOV NNM and found
some of the CWSI daemons to be a bit CPU hungry and had to alter the
configuation files (in particular the jre processes). I have already
seem some usefull posting on the forum regarding possible problems and
was looking for any feeling on the platform size or any further caveats
I should be aware of.

At present it is a 70 router network (5000 objects in the database) but
growing to a 300 router network (mainly Cisco devices) in the next few
months.

Thanks in advance, Neil.