Re: AW: 2 Network adapters

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: 2 Network adapters
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:18:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
HI, this is the way it works. You only have one default gateway. If you do
"netstat -r" you will see that there are routing table entries for each
interface, i.e. - anything for subnet 1 will be via the interface on subnet
1 and anything for subnet 2 will be via the interface on subnet 2. The
default gateway is for subnets 3,4,5, etc. Decide which router would be best
for "everything else" and set this as your default gateway (note - the
default gateway must have an interface on either subnet 1 or subnet 2).

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com
Phone - (423)229-3579