Re: Memory usage

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Memory usage
From: Sergio Cardona F <sergcafe@MAIL.VISIONTECH.COM.CO>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:31:29 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Junichi:

If you have a lot of gifs in the background, you will need a lot of
memory( this is our case).
If the memory is low, the system will be  paging, and when the virtual
memory  become exausted the system hang up  some application.
p.e. when the memory has been low I have noticed that the ovwdb hangs
up.

I am not sure but I think that a 43P-240 is not big enough for manage
30000 objects.

Regards,

Sergio Cardona.