Re: CIM mib

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CIM mib
From: "Ken Garst." <KGarst@GIANTOFMARYLAND.COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:56:51 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There is not just one Compaq Insight Manager MIB, in fact there is about 12-14,
I forget which.  The Insight Manager also has a hardware piece called the remote
insight manager board which is installed on your Compaq servers.

The Insight Manager software integrates into NetView as a "MIB application", as
Monitor-->Compaq-->24 individual options such as:
     hardware asset info
     system information
     hardware configuration
     hardware utilization
     os utilization
     host OS configuration
     hard disk errors
     hard disk statistics
     IDE SMART status
     SCSI status
     environment
     fault information,
     etc...

The data for each of these queries uses one or more of the Compaq MIBs.  I also
customized some 250 Compaq-specific traps that can appear in the Control Desk.

Regards,
ken
kgarst@giantofmaryland.com