New Objects appearing on the Map...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: New Objects appearing on the Map...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:19:38 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

In Netview V4.1, when a new object is added to the seedfile, the object
appears on the IP Internet Map (topmost layer of the IP Internet map). It
will not automatically be placed into it's correct submap, Instead I have to
dig down submap by submap and move it there manually.

Does Netview V5.1 solve this and what is the exact relationship between
automatic layout being turned off (so I can customize the map) and new
objects not being placed in their correct submap? I have found no
difference, has anyone else??

Any info appreciated.

Gord.