Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:43:18 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ahhh.  If all you copy is the databases, then you should indeed be fine.  But
that means you would have to have the same exact environment on 4.1 as on 5.1.
So if you had some third-party app installed on 4.1, you'd have to install it on
5.1 before you copied over the 4.1 databases, right?    Because you'd have to
have the fields set up and the proper registration files and all that ... for
those databases to work.

Sure,  this might work fine in many cases.

I don't blame you for hating the glitches and the bugs.  We should do a better
job of eliminating them. (and some of us are trying to do just that -- sigh :-)

But for sure I am not always "CORRECT" and I certainly hope you meant that as a
joke.   If I sound pedantic, it's because I want to make sure I understand and
that everyone else does too.  I spend a great deal of my time confused.

Thanks for clarifying,  Ken.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Ken Garst." <KGarst@GIANTOFMARYLAND.COM> on 07/06/99 02:46:00 PM