Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem
From: Mark Sklenarik <markskl@IBM.NET>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:06:40 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Simon
I believe if you would create the /usr/OV/seedfile/ directory before
starting the migration the installation would complete with the one warning
for security.  You should have a successful migration.

I do not remember seeing the security problem during V4.1 to V5.1 migration
testing.  I would suggest contacting Support as soon as possible, they may
have a work around for this also.

When I get back from vacation on July 19,1999, would it be possible to get
a tar of the /usr/OV.back.v4r1,  I would like to use it in future NetView
migration testing. Support could also use this in debugging the security
issue.

There is one think you will have to do and that is to move the security SRF
and user groups forward. These are not automatically migrated forward since
NetView has add new menus and functions to the product that you may want
our users to take advantage of.

Mark Sklenarik
Mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com
Tivoli NetView Product Integrity