Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Urgent Netview Migration Problem
From: Ken Freeman <Ken.Freeman@WOOLWICH.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:47:39 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender only
and do not necessarily represent the views of WOOLWICH PLC or any
of its subsidiaries. The sender may not be authorised to give financial
advice and nothing in this message should be constructed as offering
such advice.

WOOLWICH PLC represents only WOOLWICH LIFE and WOOLWICH UNIT TRUST
MANAGERS which are regulated by the Personal Investment Authority for
Life Assurance and Unit Trust business
Simon,

We had the same sort of problem during the install - we had added our own
directories to the /usr/OV structure and they were being deleted by the
de-installation of NetView v4.1. We resolved it by copying the directories
to the /usr/OV.back.v4r1 structure, deleting NetView v4.1 and then copying
our own directories back to /usr/OV prior to installing v5.1.

I have just checked my logs and we also had the 'syntax error' message. As
our installation works fine I guess it wasn't a major problem.

Regards

Ken Freeman
Woolwich plc