FW: FW: Solstice Enterprise Agents for NetView 5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: FW: Solstice Enterprise Agents for NetView 5.1.1
From: "Giovannini, Tom" <tom.giovannini@EDS.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:19:36 -0500
Jason Kravitz,

Your recommendation is to use SEA 1.0.2 and disable the DMI process.
What is the best way to disable the DMI process?
What do I lose by disabling the DMI process?
Can you elaborate a little on how "1.0.2 seems to operate with NetView
better than the SNMP agent in 1.0.3"?

Mark Sklenarik

FYI. You mentioned that "that the SEA 1.0.3 snmpdx agent seems to just stops
answering snmpget request".  We have had the same problem in one of our
sites running SEA 1.0.2 and had to recycle the snmpdx agent to correct the
problem.  So the problem seems to be present in both releases.

Regards,

Tom Giovannini
Enterprise Management Engineering - South
Address:
        5400 Legacy Drive
        M/S:  A4-1C-38
        Plano, TX   75024
Phone:  (972) 604-4105 (8-834) Fax:  -4776
Internet:  tom.giovannini@eds.com