CIP - Channel Interface Processor (in Cisco Router)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CIP - Channel Interface Processor (in Cisco Router)
From: "Chance, Larry" <lchance@SFBCIC.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:27:33 -0500
Anyone using a CIP in a mainframe environment?

I have one but I can't seem to access it with the MIB Tool Builder.
After creating 'MyCIP-MIBTool', any MIB data I try to read says <No Value>.
This is only when using Monitor, Other, MyCIP-MIBTool.

However, if I just use TOOLS, MIB, BROWSER, then I can get all the data
values I want.

I'm wondering, is there something special about setting SNMP on the CIP
physical interface?  Although the router is already set up with SNMP.
Would that be a different requirement for the MIB Tool Builder?

I'm puzzled why the MIB Browser works and the MIB Tool Builder doesn't.

Larry