Re: CIP - Channel Interface Processor (in Cisco Router)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CIP - Channel Interface Processor (in Cisco Router)
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:28:01 -0400
If the Borwser gives you all the data you want but the tool doesn't, then It
sounds as though you built the tool incorrectly,
since there should be no difference as far as the target resource is concerned.
 Each should be doing the same snmpget under
the covers.  In fact, you should be able to do an snmpget for the MIB variables
from the command line.
For example, the sysContact variable is .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4 , so you could do
     snmpget <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0
Notice that to do that you must make sure that your MIB object begins with a
dot and ends with its instance value (in this
case it is 0 -- all single variable are).

If this works then the problem is in the tool you built, not the agent.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Chance, Larry" <lchance@SFBCIC.COM> on 09/14/99 01:27:33 PM

<NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>